Note: You must have access to or purchase the Multi-Channel Feed Add-On to be able to generate a Pinterest Catalog.
Before you get started:
- Pinterest ingests your data source once every 24 hours and does NOT support scheduling or on-demand ingestion.
- A maximum of 5 million products per account can be processed
- Only one data source is allowed per business account
Starting from your Sales & Orders account:
- Navigate to the Feed Tool
- Tab over to File Feeds
- If you don't have your Pinterest catalog created yet, select it from the drop down menu and then click Generate files. Please allow for anywhere from 5 minutes or more to have the file generated
IMPORTANT: Pinterest will only accept a CSV file so that is the only type available for copying.
From your Pinterest business account:
Before continuing on, be sure to have claimed your Website URL with Pinterest by going to https://www.pinterest.com/settings/claim/.
- Go the Add data source for Pinterest
- Click on Add data source
- Paste the catalog/feed file URL generated by Sales & Orders into the field designated in the next step
- Note that S&O file URLs are NOT password protected
- Be sure to select CSV as the file type
- Finish by clicking Create Pins
It is important to note that Pinterest will first Validate your catalog.
Additionally, it will take Pinterest anywhere from 1 to 2 days or potentially longer to review your catalog.
You can check the status in Data source in your Pinterest business account: