Please note that Rules are not available in Feed Tool Only plans or under the Free Full Access Plan.
To access the Rules menu:
- Navigate to Settings
- Click on the Tab for Rules
Rules can be used to automate two key campaign management activities:
- Performing bid updates
- Adding new products to existing Shopping campaigns
Rules utilize Filters you build to perform their specified action (ie if you create a filter for Products with 0 Impressions, the rule will only operate on those products).
To create a Rule (Bidding):
- Click Add Rule
- Start by naming your rule, leaving it as active, and choose which Channels (Google and Bing only) to operate the rule for. Also select your desired Filter, which channels (Google and Bing) to operate on.
- After selecting your channels, note that you will then be able to add rules to either the campaign level OR the ad group level.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You can have only EITHER campaign or ad group rules. A campaign that already has rules CANNOT simultaneously have rules on ad groups.
- Finish by setting Bid Method, Frequency (how often the rule operates), Date Range (the length of time of data to be used to operate the rule), Start and End Date (optional).
- Once satisfied click Add Rule at the very bottom of the section: