All new Merchant Center accounts are subject to Verifying & Claiming your website URL before you may not only continue use of the app, but also be able to access the full capabilities of Google Merchant Center and start listing your products on Google Shopping.
Verifying & Claiming your website URL in Merchant Center will require that you install a unique meta tag in your store. The app will automatically generate this tag for you.
To install your meta tag:
- Copy the meta tag and paste it into a file (such as Notepad) or keep it Copied to your Clipboard
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.
- In the Layout section, click theme.liquid to open the file in the online code editor.
- Paste the meta tag that you copied on a blank line directly below the opening <head> tag:
Finish by clicking Save
To Claim & Verify your website URL:
- Return to the Sales & Orders app
- Click Claim & Verify
Upon successful Claiming & Verification of your website URL, you will have completed the app setup process.
Still need help?
If neither of the above solutions resolved the issue, please contact our team immediately for further assistance:
- Live Chat with our team
- Email us email@example.com