The Issues tab is dedicated to reporting back Feed Diagnostics returned by Google and/or Bing Merchant Centers.
NOTE: If you have not activated your Bing Shopping Feed, the app will only display Google stats by default
Issue Stats displays aggregate information:
- Active: The number of approved products eligible for use in Shopping campaigns
- Disapproved: The number of disapproved products and thus not eligible for use in Shopping campaigns
- Pending: The number of products that are pending review by Google/Bing Merchant Center
- Errors: The total number of product-level issues as returned by Merchant Center diagnostics
Account Issues - Google Only
Note: Account-level issues for Google are imported automatically every night.
Account Issues displays aggregate information on your Merchant Center account issues for Google only.
This simply displays totals of all issues reported by Google. This is not an actionable table.
- Issue: Indicates whether it is a product-level issue or an account-level issue. Account-level issues differ as they affect the entirety of your Google Merchant Center account (such as Account Suspensions)
- Type: Indicates the importance or the severity of a particular issue. It is recommended to focus on Critical and Errors first as these are signs of possible disapprovals or account warnings. Suggestions should be the last to focus on and are indicative of ways to simply improve product data.
- Count: The total number of products affected by a given issue. Actual account level issues not bound to products will always read as ‘1’.
- Message: A description of the issue as returned by Google Merchant Center
- External ID: Can be ignored – simply the return code from Google
- Action: For select issues (such as Missing Shipping) a ‘Fix This’ message will allow you to address the issue in-app
Product Issues - Google & Bing
Note: Product-level issues are imported automatically ONCE by default when you first install the app or first import a file/URL. Product-level issues are only stored for 4 days at a time. After that, Product-level issues must be imported manually by clicking Import Product Issues.
If you trigger an Import Product Issues to run, it can vary on catalog size and Merchant Center API response time for them to populate. These, again, are stored for only 4 days and then they must be refreshed.
Product Issues displays the list of product-level issues from Google and includes:
- Product ID: The ID of an affected product as it exists in your feed (as imported from your e-commerce store or file)
- SKU: The SKU of an affected product as it exists in your feed (as imported from your e-commerce store or file)
- Issue: The actual issue affecting a particular product. By clicking on an issue you can sort (filter) the entire table to only display all products affected by that specific issue
- Location: The detail, attribute, or value of a product where the issue was found and where it would need to be corrected (ie Missing GTIN > gtin)
- Severity: Indicates importance of an issue. It is highly recommended to first focus on Critical and Error before turning to adjust product diagnosed for Suggestion
- Value: Will only populate for select issues and indicates what is actually affected (ie Product page cannot be accessed > URL)