You may have attempted to get a Shopping campaign created and upon clicking Save received an error such as the below:
In some rare cases, this may be due to an issue with your Google Ads account such as a disabled account or missing billing. Check your Google Ads account prior to trying once more.
However, this is most commonly due to your Google Ads not being linked or not fully linked to your Merchant Center account.
Refer to the below to get that fixed up:
To link to your own Google Ads account:
- In your Merchant Center account, go to the wrench and and then click Account linking.
- Select Google Ads.
- Under “Your Google Ads Account,” find the Google Ads customer ID of the account you want to link. You can find the customer ID at the top of any Google Ads page when you're signed in, near your email address.
- Click Link.
Approve link requests in Google Ads
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click the tool icon in the upper right corner of your account.
- Under “Setup,” click Linked accounts.
- Under “Google Merchant Center,” click Details.
- Find the account you want to link. The “Status” column will say “Pending.” Click View details in the “Actions” column and review the request details.
- To approve the link, click Approve. To reject this link, click Reject. If you want to link these accounts later, a new link request will need to be sent from Merchant Center.
If this issue persists, please contact our team for further assistance!