Your S&O account allows you to customize everything about your Shopping campaign setup.
You can also opt to let the app automate some of the more complex tasks like creating ad groups.
To get started, click Create Campaign from either the Update Bids, Add Products, or Campaigns Tab in Campaign Manager. You'll then need to apply your basic campaign settings:
After completing all required fields, click Create Campaign if you are satisfied.
IMPORTANT: You now must use Add Products to complete your campaign creation.
Navigate to Add Products and select your newly created campaign from the drop down:
The app will have automatically created the necessary number of ad groups to house all your products - so, you will find a few default settings to be aware of:
- Auto Build: By default, the app will control the number of ad groups needed and which products are added to those ad groups. The maximum number of products per ad group is 14,000.
- Manual Build: Only to be used if you were fully customizing your campaign's ad groups (see other guide on creating campaigns for custom ad groups).
- Applied Filters: Automatically, the app will seek to only add products that are either Approved or Pending in Merchant Center. This is because Disapproved products are ineligible for ads.
Do note that you may choose to change your filters at anytime, however it is highly recommended to maintain the default Approved/Pending filter as well.
Once you are ready, scroll down to the Modify Bids panel and choose how you wish to set your initial Max CPC bids. We recommend using the Bid Suggestion Engine if you are just starting out, however you may also choose to:
- Set a specific Max CPC bid for all products
- Increase or Decrease the current CPC (typically based the Suggestion) before posting
Once you are satisfied, click Post All to send these Adds to the Pending Table.
You will then need to go to Pending to finalize your changes and have them pushed to your channel:
Please be aware that it can take several minutes for this to completely send to your respective channel. Once this table has cleared, you can log into either Google or Bing Ads to confirm.
To reference, after building a campaign like this in the app, product groups should now look something like this in Google Ads: