PLEASE NOTE: If you have already linked Google Ads with Merchant Center, you need not repeat the below process. You may also perform this outside of the app, directly in Google Ads and Merchant Center.
You must link your Merchant Center account with your Google Ads account before being able to run Shopping campaigns.
- Have your Google Ads CID handy for this part - Don't know your CID? Log into Google Ads, and look for the 10 digit ID in the format XXX-XXX-XXXX
When you are ready click 'Link Account' and then enter your Google Ads CID into the field provided. Once ready, click 'Link Account To Merchant Center'.
This will only send a pending request to your Google Ads account. You will need to now go into Google Ads and accept the connection you just sent:
Approve link requests in Google Ads (New Version)
When a Merchant Center account sends you a request to link, the invitations will appear in the table on the "Linked accounts" page for Merchant Center in Google Ads.
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click the tool icon in the upper right corner of your account.
- Under “Setup,” click Linked accounts.
- Under “Google Merchant Center,” click Details.
- Find the account you want to link. The “Status” column will say “Pending.” Click View details in the “Actions” column and review the request details.
- To approve the link, click Approve. To reject this link, click Reject. If you want to link these accounts later, a new link request will need to be sent from Merchant Center.