Navigate to Feed Tool > Modify Products.
To create a rule, first select your desired attribute from the drop down menu at the top, then click Add Rule to access the Edit Rule Panel.
Rules can be built for all channels, some, or just one channel (continue below):
Part 1: Rule Definition
This determines the type of rule you'll be using to edit your attribute and modify products. There are currently 4 Rule Types that can be built depending on the attribute you select.
- Fixed Attribute Value: Channels like Google have preset values that can only be used when submitting feeds, such as for attributes Age Group and Gender. For this rule type, you must select an attribute to set before saving.
- Please see the Fix Attribute Value article in the Help Center for detailed instructions
- Text Attribute Builder: A drag and drop text string builder that allows you to select from pre-existing attributes as well as being able to add Custom Text, to restructure your chosen attribute entirely, such as when rebuilding Product Titles.
- Note Remove Duplicate Words: Check off to remove any duplicate words throughout your attribute
- Note Capitalize To Human: Check off to capitalize the first letter of each word in a string
- Please see the Text Attribute Builder article in the Help Center for detailed instructions
- Find Replace: Build a custom template to find specific words or phrases within an attribute and replace them entirely with that of your choosing.
- Please see the Find Replace article in Help Center for detailed instructions
- Extractor: Also utilizes templates allowing you to extract data from one attribute to be inserted for another. For example, if color exists in your product title but not for the actual color attribute, you can create a rule for color to extract the value from the title.
- Please see the Extractor article in Help Center for detailed instructions
Part 2: Filter Products
Build filters to ensure your modifications are only applied to products that match your criteria. By not creating a filter, you are enabling a rule to apply to ALL PRODUCTS in your feed. Filters can consist of single attribute criteria or multi-attribute criteria by clicking Add Filter to build each additional criteria desired.
IMPORTANT NOTE: AND vs OR Filters
Filters can differ by their function using AND / OR logic. To create an OR logic, a filter must have multiple values entered at once:
To create AND logic, there must be multiple filters that all determine the select criteria:
Part 3: Product Channels
Use this section to determine which channels you wish to have rules applied to. Simply check off your desired channels and uncheck those you do not wish to apply rules to:
Note that your channels will also be listed on the rule itself:
Part 4: Saving & Previewing Rules
Once you are satisfied with your modifications, you will have to save your rule to then be able to preview the changes under Selected Rule Preview. Note that if you are unsatisfied with your rule or made a mistake in your set up, you can return to Edit Rule to adjust at any time.
The modified attribute will be displayed under its respective column, labeled with "modified:"
All column headers are filterable using the filter icon to the right of the column name. You can adjust which columns are displayed by clicking on the three-bar icon to at the top right corner:
Additionally, you can export the entire table into a CSV file using the export icon:
Last Step: Send Your Feed
To ensure your modifications take affect, you will have to send your feed to your respective channels. Do so by navigating to Feeds > Send Feed:
Note that you will have to send each channel feed separately if you are currently linked to more than one channel.
Also note that average processing times vary from channel to channel with Google and Bing taking up to 2hrs or more to show changes while Facebook may show changes within minutes.