All new Merchant Center accounts are subject to Verifying & Claiming your website URL before you may not only continue use of the app, but also be able to access the full capabilities of Google Merchant Center and start listing your products on Google Shopping.
Verifying & Claiming your website URL in Merchant Center will require that you install a unique meta tag in your store. The app will automatically generate this tag for you.
To install your meta tag:
- Copy the meta tag and paste it into a file (such as Notepad) or keep it Copied to your Clipboard
- Exit the app and return to your store’s main control panel interface
- Click Advanced Settings > Web Analytics
If you have not set up Google Analytics before:
Check the box next to Google Analytics, then Save.
If you have already set it up or after the above step:
Click the Google Analytics tab that appears at the top of the page.
Paste the meta tag into the Tracking Code field. If you had added any other code such as your Universal Analytics Tracking ID in the past, make sure that you paste the meta tag on a separate line.
Finish up by clicking Save.
You will now need to return to the app to finalize Claiming & Verifying your website URL:
- From the main Control Panel navigation click Apps
- Click on Google Shopping by Sales & Orders
- Click on the Claim & Verify button
Upon successful Claiming & Verification of your website URL, you will have completed the app setup process.