Note that you can queue up multiple bid changes and product adds across multiple campaigns for both Google and Bing.
These changes are stored in the Pending Table and the total number of pending changes are displayed in your account interface until you complete the action:
The Update Bids tool provides access to a full suite of bidding features including the Bid Suggestion Engine and Advanced Filters.
How do I perform Bid Updates?
Navigate to 'Update Bids' within 'Campaign Manager:'
- In the first field, select the Campaign you wish to work with
OPTIONAL: Select a specific ad group to work with or leave the ad group blank to perform a campaign-wide.
By selecting a campaign the update bids tool will automatically populate with Filters and Modify Bids sections.
You can utilize Filters to further segment products within a campaign to perform bid updates on. For example:
- Select an attribute such as 'Brand' for your Filter
- Select your operator (Equals, Does not Equal, etc.)
- Select the 'Brand' you wish to focus on
- Add the Filter
This will adjust the Modify Bids view to only products matching your Filter.
Let's say you are just performing a routine, campaign-wide bids update. You have a few options as part of the Modify Bids section:
- Use Suggested: By default, Sales & Orders starts with the use of the Bid Suggestion Engine. With this, you need only click 'Post All' to push all suggestion updates to the Pending table.
- Set Suggestion For: Apply date range attribution modeling to bid suggestions. Choose from 1, 3, 7, 14, and 30-day ranges of product performance data to optimize suggestions based on your select campaign management strategy.
There are three other types of manual bid changes you can perform outside of suggestions:
- Set To: Setting all bids to a specific Max CPC value
- Increase: Increase bids being pushed (Percent or Flat Value)
- Decrease: Lower bids being pushed (Percent or Flat Value)
- Exclude: Exclude products (stops ads from being delivered)
So let's say you generally run bid updates on a weekly basis. We would recommend that you set a 7-Day Bid Suggestion to account only for performance data in the past week.
Sales & Orders defaults to a 3-day suggestion period and we suggest that you always apply a suggestion date range which matches your approach to regular bid updates.
Note that it may take up to 60 seconds for your selected date range attribution to adjust all bid suggestions.
Once prepared with your changes, click 'Post All.' This will only apply bid suggestions as updates to the Pending table.
To complete bid changes you must navigate to Pending and clicking Post once more.